Position: Junior Marketing Officer
Job location: Rwanda
Start Date: July 2012
Sustainable Health Enterprises (SHE) is a social enterprise jump-starting businesses to help drive Rwanda's economy, employing local individuals and using local materials. It's first business is manufacturing and distributing a derivative paper-based product, affordable quality menstrual pads, to tackle the problem of girls and women whose lack of access to quality and affordable sanitary pads leads to poor performance both in schools and economic efficiency, hence hindering economic growth.
· Work with the COO to identify and set up multiple appropriate distribution and supply chain of the SHE pad.
· Taking part in the media research and involvement in brand management
· Conduct research interviews like focus group discussions with target market
· Work with the team to Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of SHE objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
· Participate actively in formulating, directing and coordinating marketing activities and policies to promote SHE products, working with the SHE team.
· Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, packaging and customer satisfaction
· Lending assistance to the organization in shaping up the features of the brand in the market
· Conversing with senior management about the marketing strategies
· Social media: blogging, twitter, Facebook etc.
· Advocacy; talk about SHE to people and attract support whenever.
Education and other Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in any business related field
· At least 1-2 years of experience in business operations , marketing/sales and or public health setting
· Ability and willingness to work and travel in rural areas and flexibility in utilizing local transport means.
· Passionate about girls education and public health issues
· A strong leader with interpersonal skills to motivate and communicate at all levels throughout the business.
· Results focused using fact based decision making.
· Positive and proactive, taking ownership of all issues.
· The ability to work under pressure, and tight timescales while being a team player.
· Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
· Have an eye for detail
· Must have good communication skills and be able to present both spoken and written reports,.
· Knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda as well as basic French is required.
· Female candidates highly encouraged to apply
To Apply submit a CV, cover letter and at least 2 references to: email@example.com. Include “Junior Marketing Officer” in the subject line. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information on SHE, visit our website at www.sheinnovates.com, our Facebook page and our Twitter page.