Join us in our Rwanda office on a short-term contract basis in Spring 2013 and help shape the visual voice of SHE as our videographer! SHE is looking for a videographer to film and document our team at work with a focus on the launch of our industrial-scale manufacturing of our first product, a menstrual pad. The video will not only feature our team at work, but the communities and groups we are partnering with, which includes banana farmers, schools, school girls, and NGOs.
The footage will be used to produce a 2-3 minute video about SHE Rwanda to be shared on a variety of digital platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.) as well as DVD.
The shoot will begin in April and will end by mid-May, 2013 and will occur in Kigali and Kayonza districts. We are seeking candidates currently based in Rwanda.
The videographer will be responsible for the entire video production process, including:
● Coordinating all pre-production and production activities with the SHE staff
● Organizing and directing video shoots
● Conducting and transcribing interviews
● Handling post-production workflow and delivery of broadcast quality videos to SHE staff and video editors
*SHE will work with you to set up a shoot schedule to obtain all of the video and/or photo shots needed. Travel across Rwanda is required.
Qualifications● Experience working with non-profits/community-based organizations
● At least three years of video production experience and a solid working knowledge of the entire production process, from pre-production through online distribution.
● Experience shooting video on assignment, in rural and urban areas
● An advanced understanding of non-linear editing and suitable software.
● Understanding of preparing video for several different forms of playback, including DVD and Web video (Vimeo, YouTube).
● Must have an HD camera
● Must have a laptop computer with video editing software, including but not limited to, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and motion graphic software such as Motion or After Effects for creating dynamic text and special effects
● Transforming creative ideas into practical reality
● Being highly organized: prioritizing and planning activities that take into account factors such as deadlines and coordination of staffing and resources
● Must be physically able to do heavy walking
● Adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience, the nature of the information, and the situations
● Working independently
● Being highly attentive to the details involved in all aspects of the production process
● Has knowledge and/or experience with acquiring photo, audio, and video release forms from subjects.
● Also, a degree in video production, motion graphics, video journalism, or a closely related discipline would be a plus
How to Apply:
● Please take a look at our website and current video (http://www.sheinnovates.com). If you believe your skills and interests align with our needs, please send your resume, links to video that you have produced, and a brief note of interest to Connie Lewin at firstname.lastname@example.org.